Weight Loss Resources – Session 3
This information is intended ONLY for Weight Loss clients of Free At Last Hypnosis. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS RESOURCE WITH ANYBODY.
You have paid for this material so do not hand it over to somebody who has not!
Please read everything on this page as the resources reinforce the sessions and are important to your success. Remember everybody's definition of "success" will be different. Measure it not by lbs lost but by how do you feel and are your clothes beginning to feel looser?
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING:
To download click on any of the download buttons below and this will start to download to your computer the PDF or MP3 files. It will ask you where you want to store the file. Make note of the destination directory and filename where you store each file.
Once downloaded, navigate to the same directory and file and if an MP3 import it into your iTunes or MP3 player directory, and if a PDF open it in Adobe Reader.
Sorry we cannot offer support if you experience problems downloading as each computer is different and depends how you've setup your browser for downloading files.
iPHONE & iPAD Users: Currently, Apple does not provide support for downloading files on these devices. You will need to use your computer to download the files and then add them to your iTunes library and sync with your device.
RESOURCES FOR DOWNLOADING:
Before we get into recommended reading I want to present obligatory reading for you. This book will expose to you how we are being manipulated into eating foods the manufacturers want us to eat and in the quantities they want us to eat them. The author - Paul Stitt - worked for these manufacturers at one time and when he saw what was going on tried to change the system. Eventually he left and started his own company to make and distribute healthy foods that tasted good. Our session 3 will come into full view when you read this book. You can read Beating the Food Giants here >>>
Recommended Recipe Books:
If you need help with planning out your low carb eating - and in our busy lives who doesn't - then here are a couple of good recipe books in my personal library I use, and that adhere to lower carb eating. I thoroughly recommend them because they provide recipes that taste great as well as are good for your health!
The Healthiest Meals on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What Meals to Eat and Why: by Jonny Bowden Ph.D. C.N.S.
The Healthiest Meals on Earth contains recipes for more than sixty dishes and drinks that use nutritious and healthy cooking methods. Forty dishes will combine to create ten different "poly-meals," specially crafted meals that contain key nutrients found to promote long-term health.
The 150 Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about How to Make the Most Deliciously Nutritious Meals at Home in Just Minutes a Day: by Jonny Bowden and Jeannette Bessinger
Nationally known Nutritionist and weight loss expert Jonny Bowden and whole foods cook Jeannette Bessinger show time-pressed readers how to create the healthiest meals on earth in only 15 minutes.
"Food Inc" - Documentary:
If you are interested in learning more about how food is affecting us then rent “Food Inc” a pretty disturbing investigation into our food supply.
****You may find it on Charter on Demand under documentaries.
In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that has been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA.
Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, herbicide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of E. coli—the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults.
Featuring interviews with such experts as Eric Schlosser (Fast Food Nation), Michael Pollan (The Omnivore's Dilemma, In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto) along with forward thinking social entrepreneurs like Stonyfield's Gary Hirshberg and Polyface Farms' Joel Salatin, Food, Inc. reveals surprising—and often shocking truths—about what we eat, how it's produced, who we have become as a nation and where we are going from here.
Top Seven Food Additives:
These food additives are making you fat in three different ways:
- Two of these obesity additives interfere with a hormone called leptin that tells the brain when we are full while eating.
- Other obesity additives add fat by changing how our bodies use the calories we eat. Calories are converted to fat instead of being stored as “muscle energy.”
- Still other obesity additives actually make us addicted to them and cause us to eat uncontrollably. They do this by altering brain chemicals called neurotransmitters — just like a highly addictive drug does.
Therefore, here are the top seven additives that I recommend removing from your diet as much as you can:
- Stripped Carbohydrates (listed as sugar, flour, enriched white flour, white flour, enriched bleached flour, enriched wheat flour, wheat flour, semolina flour, white rice, maltodextrin, glucose, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), fructose, sucrose, dextrose, and levulose).
- Artificial Sweeteners (listed as Splenda (sucralose), NutraSweet (aspartame), Sunette (acesulfame K), and Sweet ’N Low (saccharin)).
- Added Caffeine in soft drinks and energy drinks (a few cups of green tea or coffee each day are fine).
- High Saturated Fats (also listed as partially hydrogenated oils and trans fats).
- MSG (also labeled as monosodium glutamate).
- Excess Alcohol (if you must, one to two drinks per week).
- Excess Salt/Sodium in chips, crackers, canned food items, pickles, various cheeses, pretzels, condiments, and salted nuts.
The Swish Technique:
Here is the NLP technique we used to change the unwanted feeling or behavior we did in class - Re-directionalize negative thinking.
The Visual Swish technique enables us to quickly dissolve the feelings attached to unwanted thoughts and to deal with un desirable responses.
In the Swish we replace the unwanted thought or response with a more useful and appropriate one because the Swish re-directionalises thinking. It is an instruction to the brain No, not that - THIS!!
Use the NLP Swish for yourself - and others.
This is a valuable technique for managing your own thinking, states, and behaviors. Each time you use the Swish you are training yourself to instantly re-direct your thinking from non useful topics to more resourceful ones.
By using the Swish in your own life you develop your ability to maintain resourceful states, manage your responses to stressful situations, and engage in the behaviors you want.
How to use the Swish:
- Select a replacement image:
- First select your Replacement Feeling - ask yourself How do I want to be instead.
- Having selected the Replacement Feeling see and hear a detached and associated version of yourself experiencing this feeling. It is quite important that this image is dissociated. Enhance the detail and the quality (submodalities) of this until the image is quite compelling.
- Find the trigger for the unwanted mood or behavior:
- What is it that you respond to? How do you know when to have the unwanted response or reaction?
- Ask yourself What occurs just before this negative or un-wanted state begins? This time, you want an associated image of what is going on immediately before you engage in the unwanted activity.
- Put the replacement in the corner of unwanted image:
- Imagine a small postage-stamp sized version of your replacement picture in the bottom corner of the unwanted picture.
- Swish the two images:
- Now you want t0 make both images change simultaneously and with increasing speed. (Experienced NLPers will select two critical submodalities to use here. However simply making the images change size and distance from you will work most of the time.)
- Have the 'negative' image become smaller and shoot off into the distance. At the same time have the 'positive' replacement image become larger and closer until it replaces the negative image completely. Imagine a "swish" sound as you do this - hence the name. That's one Swish sound. (Do this fairly slowly at first taking, say, 5-10 seconds to do it. Then continue, doing it a little faster each time, until you are swishing almost instantaneously - in less than a second!)
- Clear your mind:
- After each Swish round blank your mind, fully! Think of something else or visualize your favorite color. Breathing easily as you do this since some people tend to hold their breath while concentrating on doing the Swish. It is crucial to the success of the Swish to clear your mind or turn your attention outside before you do each next round.
- Practice 5-7 times.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 up to about seven times until you have difficulty in maintaining the unwanted image.
FULL DISCLOSURE: Clicking on some of the links on any of my pages and purchasing a product could result in a commission being paid to Free At Last Hypnosis. These are products we use ourselves and believe offer the best value to our clients. But we advise you to perform your own review before ever purchasing a product to ensure it is the right product for you.
Erika Slater, CH
Free At Last Hypnosis
DISCOVER HOW TO START CHANGING HABITS TODAY.
In this free audio hypnosis session, you’ll experience the power of your subconscious mind to begin to change your habits. If you've never experienced hypnosis before then this is a great introduction...